Please note that you can customize this trip to suit your needs, we can make this to be a "1 day beach holiday trip" all the way to "31 days beach holiday trip"
Mikumi National Park is the third largest park located in the southern part of Tanzania.
- It is less crowded and more affordable compared to Serengeti National Park. Additionally, this park is the closest to Dar es Salaam, the capital city of Tanzania, than any other park in Tanzania (besides Sadaani National Park.)
Mikumi National Park hosts a big variety of mammals, reptiles, and over 300 species of birds. Animals that are frequently seen in Mikumi National Park include lions, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, elephants, and many more. Additionally, you will be able to view more than 300 bird species and a variety of plants.
At Mikumi National park, you will stay at comfortable lodges inside or outside the park. You can also stay at luxury hotels a few miles outside the park if you wish to.
WHY MIKUMI? (and NOT Serengeti or Ngorongoro):
- Less crowded with Tourists
- More affordable
- It is only a five hours drive from Dar Es Salaam with a nice view
- Budget-friendly accommodations can be found along the main road in the town
Udzungwa National Park is a tropical rainforest in the mountains and is the perfect destination for beautiful nature hikes after your safari. Hike to the waterfalls and explore the many reptiles and monkeys that call the park their home.
- The most popular route is the same falls trail that heads through many forest zones to some water which drops over 170meters. The first two have splash pools you can swim in providing a refreshing experience the herd has the longest fall.
Ruaha National Park situated in Tanzania is one of the largest parks in East Africa. Known for its rich flora and fauna, it's also home to huge elephant populations, with an estimated 12,000 elephants migrating through the greater Ruaha ecosystem each year. With its untouched nature, Ruaha National Park remains one of the most exciting National parks in Tanzania. Wildlife is concentrated along the Great Ruaha River that is the heart of the wildlife in the park. The Shores of Great Ruaha River is the permanent hunting ground for lions, leopards, Jackal, Hyenas, and African wild dogs.
Our professional English speaking guides will make your experience in Tanzania one that you'll never forget
On this trip, you will get a chance to the southern circuit parks, including Mikumi National Park, Ruaha National Park and Udzungwa National Parks, then you will transfer to Zanzibar to relax on the white-sand beaches. You will relax and explore the historic city of Stone Town, you will also visit Matemwe beach, which is in the North East of Zanzibar. Here you will relax at the beach hotel and enjoy good food. You will also go for snorkeling and other excursions as per your wish
14 days Tanzania Family Vacation (Safari & Beach)
DAY 1: Dar es Salaam -> Mikumi
- You will be picked up from the hotel/airport in Dar es salaam at 6:00 AM
- You will start a 5 to 6 hours trip to Mikumi National Park, via Morogoro town
- You will stop for lunch in Morogoro town on the way to Mikumi
- Soon after arriving in Mikumi, you will start an evening game drive until sunset
- Then you will have an overnight stay at Camp Bastian (or similar)
DAY 2: Mikumi National Park Game Drive
- You will start the game drive early in the morning at 6:30 AM
- After 2 hours of the game drive, you will go to the restaurant inside the park for breakfast
- Soon after breakfast, you will go back for the game drive until lunchtime at 1:00 PM, where you will check out
- You will then go to Mikumi small town of Maasai Village where you will enjoy nature, people, and the culture.
- You will get your dinner and stay at Camp Bastian Mikumi for the overnight
Day 3: Mikumi & Village Tour
- You will start the Game Drive at 6:30 AM morning with the bush breakfast
- After breakfast, we will continue with the game drive until lunchtime
- You will get your lunch at Mikumi small town at around 1:00 PM
- After lunch, you will go to visit the Masai village, where you will be able to see Maasai people and their culture
- Late in the evening, we will drop you off at Camp Bastian Mikumi for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Mikumi National Park -> Ruaha National Park
- You will be picked up from your camp or hotel at 6:30 AM after breakfast and start to drive to Ruaha National Park with our lunch packed
- You will stop in Iringa town for lunch and then Drive to Ruaha National Park where we will do the evening game drive
- You will be dropped off at Ruaha Tourist Bandas at around 7:00 PM for an overnight stay at Park Tourists Bandas.
Day 5: Ruaha National Park Game Drive
- We will pick you up from the hotel after breakfast and drive with our lunch packed.
- We will get our bush lunch inside the park during a safari at around Noon, then we will continue with the game drive until the sunset
- We will then drop you off at your hotel
Day 6: Ruaha National Park -> Mikumi National Park
- We will start our morning game drive around 6:00 AM until 8:30 AM, where we will go for breakfast
- We will then take our stuff and do a Game Drive until 11:00 AM, where we will start to drive back to Mikumi
- At Mikumi National Park, we will stay at Camp Bastian Mikumi for an overnight.
Day 7: Departure to Zanzibar via Dar
- We will Drive back to Dar es salaam at 6:00 AM with the lunch on the way back.
- We will catch a boat to Zanzibar at 4:00 PM
Day 7: Mikumi National Park -> Dar Es Salaam -> Stone Town, Zanzibar
- You will be picked up by our driver/guide from the ferry station to Stone town hotel
- You will check-in at Tausi Palace Hotel, Forodhani Park Hotel, (or similar) and enjoy the evening sunset and dinner
Day 8: Stone Town -> Prison Island -> Stone Town
- Prison Island Trip (3 Hours)
You will be picked up from your hotel at 10:00 am to begin a trip to Prison Island
You will visit the historic Prison Island with its giant land Tortoises, where you will be able to observe and feed the tortoises
You will also be able to enjoy a fantastic beach of reef sanctuary
You will be able to swim, sunbathe, snorkel, and just relax on the beach
- Stone Town Tour (3 Hours)
You will begin the Stone Town tour soon after getting back from Prison Island at around 1:00 PM.
You will walk around the historical culture and architecture that is very important to the town of Zanzibar with a century history.
You will visit the former slave market site which now stands as an Anglican church built in 1871
You will also be able to visit the town market, the Zanzibar Memorial Museum, the House of Wonder (built in 1883), the Old Arab Fort, the Palace Museum, the Old Indian dispensary (Cultural Centre), and Maruhubi Palace Ruins, and many more
The Tour ends in the evening and the Tour guide will take you back to your hotel where you will enjoy the evening sunset and dinner
Day 9 to Day 13: Stone Town -> Matemwe beach (you can stay at 2 different beaches if you wish to)
- At 9:00 AM, you will be picked up by our driver/guide and you will be transferred to Matemwe beach, which is in North East of Zanzibar
- You will enjoy 2 days here by relaxing on the beautiful white sand beach of Zanzibar
- You will get a chance to visit Mnemba Island for the snorkeling trip also you will go for Dolphin Tour
- Please note that you can stay at 2 different beaches between Matemwe, Nungwi, Kendwa, Kiwengwa or Dongwe beaches
Day 14: Departure
- In the morning you will eat your breakfast at the hotel
- You will be picked up from your hotel at 12:01 PM and transferred to the ferry or airport for your departure
*Total Cost (Please contact us for Cost)
You will stay at
Zanzibar: 3-star beach hotel, like the Blue Oyster Hotel, Zanzibar Ocean Blue, or similar
Mikumi: Mid-range lodges double room - Tan-Swiss Lodge & Campsite, Camp Bastian Mikumi, or similar
-, Accommodation: 13 nights of hotel sleep and meals
- Boat fare from Dar to Zanzibar
- English speaking driver/guide
- Private hotel pickup/dropoff
- Entry/Admissions to parks
- Government Tax and VAT
Package does NOT include
- Items of personal nature (Alcohol drinks, cigarettes, phone calls)
- Visa and flights
- Departure tax (If any)
- Any other activities not detailed on this itinerary
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% or more of the total price.
- Booking canceled between 30 to 15 days prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 50% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled between 15 days to 48 hours prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 75% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled less than 48 hours prior to arrival and No Show - Cancelation charges of 100% of the reservation value shall apply.
For Payments, Payments Arrangements, etc - Please click here