Mikumi is the third largest park located in the Southern part of Tanzania, it is less crowded and more affordable compared to Serengeti National Park. It is also closest to the capital city of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam than any other park in Tanzania (besides Sadaani National Park)
Mikumi National Park hosts a big variety of mammals, reptiles and over 300 species of birds. Animals that are frequently seen in Mikumi National Park includes Lions, elands, Hartebeest, Buffaloes, Wildebeests, Giraffes, Zebras, Elephants, Impalas, Warthogs, Elephants, Hippos, more than 300 bird species and different plant species
This is a special tour for those who have limited time and have only one day for safari.
Mikumi National Park Day Tour (Private Tour with Lunch)
DAY 1: Dar es salaam - Mikumi
- This is a Private Tour for you and your group only
- You will be picked up from the hotel/airport in Dar es salaam at 4:00 AM (or earlier)
- You will start 5 to 6 hours trip to Mikumi National Park, via Morogoro town
- You will stop for lunch (brunch) in Morogoro town on the way to Mikumi
- Soon after arriving in Mikumi, we will go straight to the Park and start the Tour
- The Tour will take 4 to 5 hours
- Around 4:00 PM, we will begin our 5 to 6 hours trip back to Dar es Salaam where you will be dropped off at your hotel/airport/resident
We will arrange your trip to Zanzibar (at your request with additional charges)
At Mikumi National Park you will expect to see:
Lions, elands, Hartebeest, Buffaloes, Wildebeests, Giraffes, Zebras, Elephants, Impalas, Warthogs, Elephants, Hippos, more than 300 bird species and different plant species.
Bottled water (unlimited)
Lunch and refreshments
English/French speaking guide
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Round-trip private transfers
Entry/Admission - Mikumi National Park
Package does NOT include
Items of personal nature (Alcohol drinks, cigarettes, phone calls)
Visa, flight or ferry fees,
Departure tax (If any)
Any other activities not detailed on this itinerary
1 person 590 USD pp | 2 people 260 USD pp
3 people 250 USD pp | 4 people 230 USD pp
5 people or more - Please contact us
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% or more of the total price.
- Booking canceled between 30 to 15 days prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 50% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled between 15 days to 48 hours prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 75% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled less than 48 hours prior to arrival and No Show - Cancelation charges of 100% of the reservation value shall apply.
For Payments, Payments Arrangements, etc - Please click here