Mikumi National Park is the third largest park located in the southern part of Tanzania. It is less crowded and more affordable compared to Serengeti National Park. Additionally, this park is the closest to Dar es Salaam, the capital city of Tanzania, than any other park in Tanzania (besides Sadaani National Park.)
Mikumi National Park hosts a big variety of mammals, reptiles, and over 300 species of birds. Animals that are frequently seen in Mikumi National Park include lions, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, elephants, and many more. Additionally, you will be able to view more than 300 bird species and a variety of plants.
At Mikumi National park, you will stay at comfortable lodges inside or outside the park. You can also stay at luxury hotels a few miles outside the park if you wish to.
WHY MIKUMI? (and NOT Serengeti or Ngorongoro):
- Less crowded with Tourists
- More affordable
- It is only a five hours drive from Dar Es Salaam with a nice view
- Budget-friendly accommodations can be found along the main road in the town
Udzungwa National Park is a tropical rainforest in the mountains and is the perfect destination for beautiful nature hikes after your safari. Hike to the waterfalls and explore the many reptiles and monkeys that call the park their home. The most popular route is the same falls trail that heads through many forest zones to some water which drops over 170meters. The first two have splash pools you can swim in providing a refreshing experience the herd has the longest fall.
Ruaha National Park situated in Tanzania is one of the largest parks in East Africa. Known for its rich flora and fauna, it's also home to huge elephant populations, with an estimated 12,000 elephants migrating through the greater Ruaha ecosystem each year. With its untouched nature, Ruaha National Park remains one of the most exciting National parks in Tanzania. Wildlife is concentrated along the Great Ruaha River that is the heart of the wildlife in the park. The Shores of Great Ruaha River is the permanent hunting ground for lions, leopards, Jackal, Hyenas, and African wild dogs.
Do you wish to go to Zanzibar after the Safari?
After your Safari/Tour, you can relax on one of the many beaches in Zanzibar. Unlike other beaches, Zanzibar has clear, blue waves and powdery, white-sand beaches. CNN Article about Nungwi Beach
Our professional English speaking guides will make your experience in Tanzania one that you'll never forget
7 DAYS 6 NIGHTS: MIKUMI NP, MASAI VILLAGE & RUAHA NATIONAL PARKS
** Please note that this package is customizable, please let us know how you want it and we will make it happen **
DAY 1: Dar es salaam - Mikumi
You will be picked up from the hotel/airport in Dar es salaam at 6:00 AM
You will start a 5 to 6 hours trip to Mikumi National Park, via Morogoro town
You will stop for lunch in Morogoro town on the way to Mikumi
Soon after arriving in Mikumi, you will start an evening game drive until sunset
Then you will have an overnight stay at Camp Bastian (or similar)
DAY 2: Mikumi National Park
You will start the game drive early in the morning at 6:30 AM
After 2 hours of the game drive, you will go to the restaurant inside the park for breakfast
Soon after breakfast, you will go back for the game drive until lunchtime at 1:00 PM, where you will check out
You will then go to Mikumi small town of Maasai Village where you will enjoy nature, people, and the culture.
You will get your dinner and stay at Camp Bastian Mikumi for the overnight
Day 3: Mikumi & Masai Village Tour
- You will start the Game Drive at 6:30 AM morning with the bush breakfast
- After breakfast, we will continue with the game drive until lunchtime
- You will get your lunch at Mikumi small town at around 1:00 PM
- After lunch, you will go to visit the Masai village, where you will be able to see Maasai people and their culture
- Late in the evening, we will drop you off at Camp Bastian Mikumi for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Ruaha National Park
- You will be picked up from your camp or hotel at 6:30 AM after breakfast and start to drive to Ruaha National Park with our lunch packed
- You will stop in Iringa town for lunch and then Drive to Ruaha National Park where we will do the evening game drive
- You will be dropped off at Ruaha Tourist Bandas at around 7:00 PM for an overnight stay at Park Tourists Bandas.
Day 5: Ruaha National Park
- We will pick you up from the hotel after breakfast and drive with our lunch packed.
- We will get our bush lunch inside the park during a safari at around Noon, then we will continue with the game drive until the sunset
- We will then drop you off at your hotel
Day 6: Half Day drive in Ruaha and Drive to Mikumi small town
- We will start our morning game drive around 6:00 AM until 8:30 AM, where we will go for breakfast
- We will then take our stuff and do a Game Drive until 11:00 AM, where we will start to drive back to Mikumi
- At Mikumi National Park, we will stay at Camp Bastian Mikumi for an overnight.
Day 7: Departure
- We will Drive back to Dar es salaam at 6:00 AM with the lunch on the way back.
- We will drop you in Dar Es Salaam at your destination
Private tour for you and your group
Lunch and refreshments
English speaking driver/guide
Hotel drop-off/pick up in Dar Es Salaam
6-nights hotel stay in the parks
Round-trip shared transfers
Entry/Admission - Mikumi National Park
Package does NOT include
Items of personal nature (Alcohol drinks, cigarettes, phone calls)
Visa, flight or ferry fees,
Departure tax (If any)
Any other activities not detailed on this itinerary
*Total Cost - Please call us to confirm the fees
Mid-range lodge (double rooms):
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% or more of the total price.
- Booking canceled between 30 to 15 days prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 50% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled between 15 days to 48 hours prior to arrival - Cancelation charges of 75% of the reservation value shall apply.
- Booking canceled less than 48 hours prior to arrival and No Show - Cancelation charges of 100% of the reservation value shall apply.
For Payments, Payments Arrangements, etc - Please click here